Within every organization, there is noise: noise from mixed messages, confusing politics, broken processes, fractured strategy, competing priorities, and dysfunctional corporate behavior, all of which greatly limits productivity, profitability, and employee engagement.
Noise can be eliminated (not just reduced) by transforming behavior – by digging into the core of human nature, seeing personal behavior as the cause of most of our problems, and converting our frustration with others into respect for them as a means of solving our own problems.
Creating more cohesive teams includes Nine Ground Rules for Cohesive Team Behavior™ that require bravery and humility and guide you to solving every work problem that arises. The ground rules are a fundamental step to helping you increase success and fall into three categories: mindset change, behavior change, and implementing habits.
Nine Ground Rules for Cohesive Team Behavior™
Mindset Change (Beliefs)
- Personal Responsibility – No Complaining
- Humility – Place Blame Where It Belongs
- Honor – Respect Everyone
Behavior Change (Actions)
- Direct Confrontation – Confront Directly
- Vulnerability – Voice Opinions
- Pursuit of Truth – Speak Only Truth
- Commitment – Fully Commit
- Accountability – Create Accountability
- Edification – Be An Advocate